The original Elks Lodge 823 was in downtown Vancouver, Washington. Since 1902, Elks Lodge 823 has been helping the Vancouver community through its numerous projects and events that benefit our neighbors, children and disadvantaged families. It also includes social activities for its members and guests and is a great place to make new friends, stay active and gather among colleagues.
Our over 725 Members Have Yearly:
- Raised money for the Washington Elks Children’s Therapy Program
- Donated over 2000 stuffed animals
- Donated over 250 food boxes yearly for families
- Taught discipline, hard work and practice through Hoop Shoot program
- Contributed more than $3,650.00 in scholarships
- Contributed over $35,000 in support, to over 500 veterans in Clark County through our veterans programs
- Supplied backpacks and school supplies to local schools and disadvantaged youth
- Held a community Children’s Easter Egg Hunt and Christmas party
The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks (B.P.O.E)
The Elks organization was founded in New York City on February 16, 1868 under the name “Jolly Corks” by 15 actors, entertainers and others associated with the theater. In ensuing years, membership expanded to other professions.
The Order is a non-political, non-sectarian and strictly American fraternity. Proposal for membership in the Order is only by invitation of a member in good standing. To be accepted as a member, one must be an American citizen, believe in God, be of good moral character and be at least 21 years old.
What They Are Saying
A great place to meet new people, have great conversations and give back to the community. The Elks have given me a sense of family and belonging to something bigger than just myself. So happy I joined the Elks!
High energy, fun group of people that enjoy volunteerism, fellowship and a drink with dancing.
The friendliest place in town! Always something to do, enjoy or get involved in!
Elks Club is a wonderful way to meet other people. They have many lodges throughout the USA. Many perks like fine dinners, RV parking available at many of them and very friendly people. The wife and I enjoyed our stay at Lodge 823 and will speak highly of them at our lodge in Gig Harbor.
The Elks has given me joy by being part of something bigger.
Becoming a member of the Elks has given me an opportunity to be more involved in my local community”